|Alphabetical||Type of material / Writings||Protagonist||Time-sequence||Other|
('Abdu'l-Bahá, Selections from the Writings of 'Abdu'l-Bahá, sec. 225, p. 291)
(See other Bahá'í wiki quotes)
Welcome to the Bahá'í9 Wiki page!
We are building an online open-content Bahá'í site inspired by the open-content Wikipedia project. Note: This is a compendium, not an encyclopedia where articles are written under an essay style with paragraphs as at Wikipedia (see our site rules).
We started at an earlier site in November 5, 2003 (this incarnation in August 17, 2004), and we are now working on 1,658 articles. Learn how to edit pages or feel free to experiment here (use of multiple language scripts now possible): Sandbox.
Pages onsite here have been monitored at least through April 25, 2009, but please read this important Disclaimer.
Visit Main Page Temp to suggest changes to this page you are now reading (since this page is locked to editing).
At this website
- Current events (for this site)
- Featured articles: Writings, Fasting
- Articles in progress: Mashriqu'l-Adhkár
On the world at large
Introduction, tools, and community
Important site tools
Suggested plans, volunteering, requests, community
- Bahai9 wiki, Bahá'í Library Online, Internet projects in general, Requested pages, Ideas, Reference Desk (place to ask questions), User pages, more
Browse the Bahá'í Wiki by Topic, Material Type, etc.
By type of material
- Sacred Writings (see also Compilations)
- Pilgrims' notes (of Historical accounts-events)
- Secondary Study
- Theoretical: Physics, Astronomy, Biology
- Applied: Medicine, Finances, Domestic Life, Agriculture, Hunting
- Personal: Exercise, Nutrition, Finances, Personal functions, Sex
- Intellectual: Math and Measurement, Philosophy, Psychology, Linguistics
- Arts (including Literature, Drama, Music, Poetry, Architecture, Crafts)
- Social Sciences: History, Economics, Sociology
- Applied Social Sciences: Education, Communications, Social and economic development
- Administrative: Government, Law, Political science
- Study of Spiritual Subjects
- Laws, Virtues, Deeds
- Bahá'í Funds
- Ceremony, Meetings
Protagonist (specific people, places, things, concepts)
- By kingdom: mineral, vegetable, animal, human, Manifestation
- Human groupings: individual, community, institution
- Specific individuals: Prophets, individuals
- Types of people by: circumstance, time, condition-characteristic, relationship, choice-effort
- Specific listings: By race, By gender, By country, By age, more
- Bahá'í Calendar
- Timelines and Historical accounts-events
- Patterns of activity
- Biographies, Genealogies
- Cycles, Sequences, Priority-rank, Process, How-to
To visit the "meta" or "discuss" page to discuss the contents of any of the pages within the above sites or to post questions (without disturbing the main content of the page itself), click the link "Discussion" at the top of the page. You can discuss this HomePage for example, by clicking the "Discussion" link at the top of this page.
To create a page corresponding to an article dedicated to informal discussions of the subject, make a new page with the same name as the article but with the prefix "InformalTalk:" or visit our forum at http://bahai-library.com/forum/ . This forum allows for ongoing discussions of the Writings, specific topics, volunteering requests, and unanswered questions in a bulletin board (non-wiki) format.
Note: All pages at the Bahá'í9 Wiki website are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike license.
The Bahá'í9 Wiki aims to create an information source on the Bahá'í Faith that is freely available. The license we use grants free access to our content in the same sense as free software is licensed freely. That is to say, Bahá'í9 Wiki content can be copied, modified, and redistributed so long as the new version grants the same freedoms to others and acknowledges the authors of the article used (a direct link back to the article (or site if copying a larger portion of articles) satisfies our author credit requirement). Bahá'í9 Wiki articles therefore will remain free forever and can be used by anyone subject to certain restrictions, most of which serve to ensure that freedom. The Bahá'í Writings used here, as with other copyrighted items included here by permission, however, preserve their original copyright status.